Thursday 17 March 2016

Thing 4, 5 and 6



Personal branding? Are you who you think you are? I mean just because you believe you are someone does that make you that thing? Enter the internet. The internet knows who you truly are, especially social media. That one time you thought no one saw, BANG the world now knows.

Or does it? You are still in control of what you the world sees. Recent check of myself revealed an all clear. Although my surname (Nagi) does bring up a alarmingly large amount of Japanese Anime. But all in all, everything is OK.

For professional development I would have stayed clear of twitter. However, since I have not used it since I created it in 2011, I had nothing to lose. I found it to be rather excellent. You are able to engage in a slightly informal manner than other media like Research Gate and linkedIn, which feel like you are in a suit a tie at a conference. Being to communicate in such a way reminds everyone that everyone is in fact human and we are not all "SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE", with every waking breath and thought. Add me though: @DrCJGraphene 

Image sites for professional development? Hmmm, don't think I will venture that far yet. If I had some images or data I could share perhaps. But I will leave that for now and bide my time for my next burst into social media.

.CJ*

No comments:

Post a Comment